Occupational Therapy Advice and Information
Answer the question below for helpful advice and information...
- The simple modular design enables the shower cubicle to be installed within hours and can be fitted within almost any small space and any surface without the need to remove the flooring or tile the walls.
- Speedfit plumbing allows for quick and easy connection and the low voltage pump is easy to remove for routine maintenance and cleaning.
- There are side entry options and corner cubicle options, which can all be relocated if necessary without the need for redecorating or tiling.
- The cubicles are manufactured from durable waterproof panelling to provide a tough easy to clean finish.
- The wall panels allow for fixing of a seat, electric shower unit and handrail.
- Full height panels are provided as standard but it is possible to provide half height Carer panels instead for easy assisted access.
- The cubicles are all supplied with a shower curtain and rail; the configuration depending upon the model installed.
- Some cubicles can also be fitted with water closets and wash hand basins but this needs to be stipulated at the outset as they are bespoke designs. toilets and wash hand basins cannot be installed at a later date. These types of shower/toilet cubicles require a minimum 1500mm shower tray installation.
- Cubicles can be installed with shallow ramps, which will then allow for access for those who require a standard wheeled shower chair as well as ambulant users.
- Other options:
- Fold up Seats – Padded; Horseshoe; Full Width Padded; Aperture; Arm and Backrests
- Roof light
- Sanitary Macerator for shower/toilet cubicles if required
- 2 sided cubicles can be left or right handed, which makes them very versatile.
Shower cubicle units are free standing and can be installed in the bathroom or can provide an en-suite facility within the bedroom. If you need to move downstairs to live then a Shower/Toilet cubicle could be installed within the designated bedroom area, if there is sufficient space, to give you access to essential facilities without requiring structural alterations. Certain models of 3 sided shower/toilet cubicles can be installed in as small an area as 1550mm x 710mm.