Occupational Therapy Advice and Information
Answer the question below for helpful advice and information...
Solutions to locate door lock and keyhole:
- Make the keyhole and lock either a strong contrasting colour or a metal finish to the door; on a pale door a darker metal coated keyhole and lock is the best option.
- For a darker coloured door fit a metal satin, chrome or brass lock as this will provide the best contrast.
- Consider fitting a keyhole or lock that has an edge or a lip that can be easily identified by touch.
- Highlight an existing keyhole and lock with a hard tactile marking outline.
- Consider a security lock that accepts a key entry in any direction.
Do You find the lighting in your home a bit of a problem?