Occupational Therapy Advice and Information
Answer the question below for helpful advice and information...
Ways to improve vision of door handles and numbers:
- Provide a door handle that is in a strong contrasting colour to the door
- Provide a coloured, metal chrome, brass or steel handle that contrasts with the current door colour; a dark door shows up the bright metal and a light door could have a contrasting coloured handle
- Highlight the door handle at your personal entrance with luminescent strips, directed lighting or make the door handle photo-luminescent.
- Use a high contrast number and background large enough to see from a distance
- Use a house number plate that contrasts with the background colour of the wall or door.
- Chrome numbers on a dark door or black numbers on a white door work well
- Consider a luminescent house number that is clearer to see at night.
Problems seeing door numbers:
Do you have problems locating your door lock and keyhole?