Home Improvement Agency
Able 2 runs a Home Improvement Agency for two areas in London.
As with all other cases allocated to Able 2 we support the Service User and their family throughout the process. In addition we deal with any other needs that may arise whilst we are working with them, and alleviate any concerns that they may have throughout the process.
We have in the last three years dealt with 169 cases within two London Boroughs and the average time from Referral to completion of adaptation is 6.2 months.
We progress adaptations which have been recommended by the Local Authority Occupational Therapist as well as those recommended by Able 2 Occupational Therapists.
The process is as follows:
- Assist the service user to complete DFG application forms if required
- Joint feasibility visit conducted with Surveyor and Occupational Therapist
- Revisit client to discuss adaptations and obtain agreement
- Provide detailed functional specification for Able 2 Surveyor
- Able 2 Surveyor will then progress works obtaining building regulations and quotations from Contractors
- Able 2 Surveyor to supervise work on site to satisfactory completion
- Occupational Therapist to conduct final inspection to ensure that adaptations are satisfactory and have fully met client needs.
We also offer the services of a complete Home Improvement Agency where the joint working of our Surveyor and Occupational Therapist ensures the provision of adaptations is an efficient and positive process.
- We complete all Disabled Facilities Grant application forms and associated documentation
- Design and agree the adaptation with the Service User and their family
- Prepare Architectural plans
- Obtain building regulations
- Go out to tender and prepare the tender analysis
- Forward a complete Disabled Facilities Grant application to the Local Authority Grants Department for approval
- Commission the work to be completed by approved Contractors
- Supervise the work whilst on site to satisfactory completion
If you can relate to anything in this article and you think that we are able to help you out then please do not hesitate to get in touch. Someone will be in touch with you very soon to discuss how we can help you. Thank you.